Enzymatic peeling is heard by many. It is considered the most gentle, suitable even for independent conduct. Miracles are attributed to this procedure – from the disappearance of acne to getting rid of wrinkles. But is he an omnipotent peeling? What can he and what is beyond his power? How to carry it out correctly? So, enzyme peeling at home – a specialist answers questions about the procedure.
Expert material Victoria Kopach, cosmetologist of the highest category
“This is a terrible word for enzymes” – in fact, protein molecules that are inherent in all living things, including humans. We have such substances throughout the gastrointestinal tract, and even circulate in the blood. These components are our “old acquaintances” that can bring quite a lot of good. There are not only enzymatic peels, but entire lines of cosmetics (masks, creams, etc.) with such ingredients!
In the photo: papaya – the source of papain:
If we talk about peels, then they usually use two types of enzymes. This is bromeline (bromeline) – is “extracted” from pineapples. And papain (vegetable pepsin) – its sources are papaya, bananas, mangoes, kiwi and the same pineapples. Their contribution to the cause of beauty: they destroy the stratum corneum on the surface of the skin, contributing to the renewal of the skin. But there are also features.
Bromelain has good anti-inflammatory properties, restores local skin immunity. And among the talents of papain – promoting the resorption of scars!
What is the use of enzyme peeling? It is able to smooth out small wrinkles, remove damage to our integuments, and improve skin condition. Plus, such a beauty assistant promotes wound healing, removes inflammation.
Enzyme peeling in questions and answers:
- At what age do this procedure? Since its spectrum of action is wide, there are no age restrictions. It is performed according to the testimony of a cosmetologist. It can be recommended in young years – for the treatment of acne.
- How to conduct enzyme peeling at home? As a rule, it is applied to a cleansed face for 10-15 minutes – the exposure time depends on the degree of sensitivity of the skin. Unlike chemical peeling, you do not need to degrease the skin previously, because enzymes work with any skin pH. Then the product is washed off with water.
Take note! Enzymes work better in warmth at a temperature of 38-40 degrees Celsius. (t-ra of our skin is only 25-27 degrees). Therefore, when carrying out enzymatic peeling, it is desirable to “warm” the skin. At home, you can cover your face with a warm, damp towel. However, if you have a tendency to dilate vessels, you should refrain from heating.
- Do I need to do masks after enzymatic peeling? Not necessary. These tools should be used according to the testimony of your beautician – for example, to soothe irritated skin. For oily skin, a mask with kaolin, with soothing substances, with components that normalize the microflora can be recommended. The goal is to get rid of small wrinkles? A moisturizing or lifting mask may be indicated. If the cosmetologist did not give specific recommendations, there is no need to apply a mask.
- How often do enzymatic peeling? As a rule, once every 7-10 days with a course of at least 6 procedures. But, of course, it is better to count time intervals with a cosmetologist.
- For what type of skin are such procedures addressed? For all types, including oily.
- Is it possible to sunbathe during these special courses? Since enzyme peeling destroys the stratum corneum, our cheeks become more sensitive to sunlight. It is undesirable to appear in the sun during enzymatic peels – and until the skin is restored. And the recovery time of our covers is at least 28 days.
- What time of the year do they take place? In principle, there are no special restrictions. The exception is the strong photosensitivity of the skin, as well as the use of certain drugs. Such people should refrain from this course in the summer. Are you taking any medicine? Is the skin too sensitive to the sun? Consult your beautician about the procedure.
The rest can be done enzyme peeling at any time of the year. This is especially true for treatment – for example, acne. However, remember: when “peeling with enzymes” you can not go out in the open sun. Is your goal prevention? It makes sense to wait until the fall.
- Is it possible to use caring cosmetics? Not only possible, but necessary. Of course, it is advisable to select funds by consulting with a cosmetologist. But scrubs are not necessary to use, because such a peeling removes the keratinized layer. Moreover – it acts on our cheeks softer than other scrubs.
- Are there any food tips? Of course, the principles of healthy eating should be followed. It is relevant both for getting rid of acne and for preserving youthful skin.
For the best effect, it makes sense to take drugs with enzymes inside. Enjoy papaya, pineapple, of course, does not hurt. But the content of enzymes in them is negligible. In order to get your norm, you need to eat these fruits ki